Wednesday, April 15, 2009

On the Street......Morini Corsaro 1200, Brussels

Damn, the Italians make some fine motorcycles. I saw this beauty stopped at a red light, and I only had a few seconds to snap a picture of it. I originally mistook it for a Ducati Monster 1100, thanks to the red frame up front, but after I took a look at the photo, I realized this wasn't the case. I don't know enough about motorcycles to tell you who came up with which design first, but I like the direction these bikes are headed in. They're industrial and minimal, like if a Harley got together with a sportbike and birthed these Italian machines. I will say I like the Monster's muscular design more than Moto Morini's offering.

Edit: On further examination, the Corsaro's old-school mirrors are much nicer than the pseudo-streamlined examples on the Monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment